Table of contents
Note: pcms serves my own needs (only?), so I just implement what is necessary for my projects. If something is missing, that means I just had no use for that feature.
- Provide a simple, non-intrusive Page delivery system, based on HTML templates
- No database needed, no setup, no strings. The filesystem is also the Site structure.
- Programmer friendly, or, code-first: There is no UI! Ever!
- Can render markdown as well as plain HTML, but with some kind of template engine
- Web server written in GO
- serves HTML and Markdown files from a root folder
- Folder structure defines URL routes
- Content is rendered using a Template engine (see pongo2 below)
- No database needed, file-based only.
- Uses pongo2, a Django-like template engine written in GO for html/markdown files to create pages based on templates
- separates theme / layout from content
- restricted pages with HTTP Basic Auth credentials supported
- self-contained binary: you just need the one single binary to run a pcms site
- on-the-fly sass-to-css transformation
- static output generation of whole site
- Template / HTML caching
- API for querying and maintaining the running app
- … and a lot more: Ideas are pending…